[Venue Review] Delta King, Sacramento
The Delta King, a riverboat on the Sacramento River, is an amazing venue to consider for your wedding! If you are looking for an interesting and intimate location for your ceremony and reception, you must go visit. When you step on board the Delta King, you will be treated with the best service, be graced with an amazing view, and receive lots of amenities.
This wedding venue is ideally suited for a couple with a guest list of under 120, looking for an intimate location with tons of amenities already included, and who love the charm of Old Town Sacramento.
Delta King Benefits:
- On the river in Old Sacramento
- Has various rooms to fit the size of your wedding
- Fine dining restaurant
- Bar and grill
- View of the tower bridge, ziggurat building and Raley Field (sometimes the building is lit up, and during baseball season you might even get fireworks!)
- Beautiful location for wedding portraits
- Has 44 hotel rooms for your guests
- Professional event coordinator
- On-board officiant
- Ceremony and reception location onsite (no traveling!)
- Rehearsal dinner facility fees waived – only pay for a custom prepared 3 course meal. What a luxury!
And so much more! Visit the Delta King website for more information on wedding packages.
Please note that whereas Old Sacramento has all the historic charm with the rustic planks leading up to the venue, it can be challenging for guests with mobility issues.
How to Research Your Wedding Venue
When searching for a venue you must determine if it is a fit for you. A few questions I would recommend you ask of every location include:
- What size of wedding can you accommodate?
- What kind of parking is available for my guests?
- Can I see current wedding reviews?
- Can I use outside vendors? Some locations require you to use vendors from their list. Not that this is bad, but knowing this will help you make decisions and not put down any deposits you won’t get back.
For a more extensive list of venue questions, check out this questionnaire from Here Comes the Guide.
Thanks for stopping by!