New Year’s and a New Outlook
5 New Year’s Resolutions and a New Outlook
Every year we have this urge to start fresh with a drive to become a better version of ourselves. When I was younger, I never really grasped onto this notion of New Year’s Resolutions. Maybe I never really saw a need to set a goal or maybe I was actually happy with who I was at that very moment.
Well, that attitude has changed, and I now see a million ways I can become a better version of myself. (Note: this does NOT mean I am unhappy with who I am. On the contrary, I am happier than I have ever been!) I see now all the growing and learning I still need and want to do. Plus, I want to better myself for my two young children, my husband, my budding business, and myself.
I have been taking courses and researching everything I can to learn how to be an entrepreneur. Most of what the experts say is about creating routines and processes. I can tell you I have never been one for routines. I don’t mind going with the flow and figuring things out as they come up. I often would start a plan and stick to it for about a week and then drift back to my old ways.
So here are my New Year’s Resolutions, a mix of business and personal. Maybe if I put them on the internet, in writing, then I will have to accomplish at least one, right? 😉
1. Lose 20 lbs. I tried this earlier this year and I fell off the wagon. However, know with the DYT program and Herbalife I plan to make this a reality. I want to feel good, not just look good. I want to have energy for my kids, my husband and my business! It is a necessity.
2. Create and stick to a daily routine for my two toddlers! They respond to routine and it is up to me to guide them.
3. Create a daily business routine and work it every day. Like I said, I’m usually a “go with the flow” kind of gal.
4. Keep my desk clean and organized for more productive work. I am a chaotic, right-brained creative type. I have a blog coming next week showcasing my before and after office organization.
5. Have a stash challenge every 3 months! It is fun and challenging for me to create jewelry using all the beads I keep accumulating. I will do a blog post afterwards showing everything I was able to create!
I will post these resolutions by my desk and review them often to track my progress.
Your Turn! Tell me one of your New Year’s resolutions for 2015. Leave a comment below.
See you soon.