It is February and my theme this month is LOVE (how original right?) Well instead of talking about relationships and Valentine’s Day my spin is about LOVING the stuff in your life and how to care for it.
This week we are talking about jewelry. It started as my hobby and has since become my business and I would “love” to help you care for the pieces you own. So here are my tips:
1. How to store your jewelry:
- Do not store it in the bathroom! The moisture will damage the stringing material and can cause parts to tarnish or corrode.
- Store your pieces in a fabric lined jewelry box or a fabric lined drawer or shoebox. It doesn’t have to be expensive. You can also buy anti-tarnish fabric to keep your sterling silver and other pieces from tarnishing while storing.
2. How to clean your jewelry:
- Pearls have specific guidelines. For more info on cleaning pearls read 8 Tips to Care for and Clean your Pearls.
- Other everyday and costume jewelry can be cleaned with polishing cloths, liquid jewelry cleaners or warm water. For more specific details see Super Easy Ways to Clean Your Jewelry
3. How to care while wearing your jewelry
- Remove your pieces before bathing, swimming, or sitting in the spa. The chemicals can damage and the soap will create a filmy build up requiring more cleaning
- Make sure your jewelry is the last item you put on, after make-up, hairspray, and perfume. All of these items will damage your valuable pieces.
- When you take off your pieces make sure you put them away it a specific and secure spot. I am terrible at this! My little kids are always pulling and yanking at my jewelry. So I am constantly taking it off and putting it down it random places around the house. This makes it harder to find what I want, when I want it. I am also more likely to lose an earring!
Do you have any tips to share for caring for your jewelry? I would love to hear them. Please leave a comment below!
Thanks for visiting,
Read other Love Themed Posts this month: